Verse

The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalms 126:3

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Friday Night Full of Surprises

One of our favorite places to eat here in Augusta is Pablanos. It is the best Mexican in Augusta, particularly because they are the only ones we have found that make homemade guacamole at your table. There are two locations, and they are about the same distance from our house. As is usual for a Friday night, we decided this past Friday to go to Pablanos for dinner. And for some reason, we decided to change it up and go to the newer location, which is not typically the one we go to. We decided to sit outside as it was raining and was unusually cool for July in Augusta. It was nice to enjoy the sound of the rain and the cool breeze, especially given that I had been inside working all week. Once the rain stopped and the sun started peeking through the clouds, my brother-in-law noticed a beautiful rainbow. By the time I got my camera out, there were two rainbows! It's difficult to see the second rainbow in the picture below, but it is to the left of the brighter rainbow. As you all know, I was thrilled to be able to see one rainbow, but even more thrilled to see two at one time! They were so beautiful and such a reminder of God's awesomeness!




After eating my homemade guacamole, chimichanga and refriend beans, I got up to use the restroom when (I couldn't believe my luck on this Friday night!!!), I saw a few familiar faces in the first booth in the restaurant. I had to do a double-take because I couldn't believe that two of my friends and ADPi sorority sisters from Mercer were sitting in Pablanos in Augusta, GA!!! It was so good to see Julia and Matthew and Meg and Ross! Once they finished eating, they came out to visit for awhile, and we spent the rest of the evening catching up. We ended up closing down Pablanos (which apparently closes at 11:30 for anyone interested.)



So what started out as a typical Friday night dinner with my boys at our favorite Mexican restaurant ended up being a night full of surprises...two beautiful rainbows and two good friends from college!! What a blessing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment