Verse

The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalms 126:3

Thursday, July 16, 2009

It's Official!!

I must say that March 12, 2008 rivals my wedding day as one of the best days of my life. On March 12, 2008, I found out that I passed the final section of the 4 part CPA exam. (Needless to say, it was an excellent early birthday present!) For those of you in the accounting profession, you know exactly what this means, and it was such a relief to close this chapter of my life! For those of you not in the profession, this test literally sucks the life out of you until you pass it, so you can imagine my relief!

Upon passing the CPA exam, my mother (as well as a number of my friends who claim that they have no idea exactly what it is that I do for a living) was convinced that I was a CPA. It is very difficult to explain to people that passing this test is only one step to obtaining my license. Other requirements include education requirements as well as working under a licensed CPA in public accounting for at least 2 years. May 21, 2009 marked my 2 year anniversary at Cherry, Bekart, & Holland and also the day that I finally met all requirements to become a CPA. After filling out the lengthly application, sending my transcripts to NASBA, receiving a form back from NASBA and completing the remaining portions of the application, I have finally received notice that as of today, I AM OFFICIALLY A CPA!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment