Verse

The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalms 126:3

Thursday, July 9, 2009

4th of July 2009


My husband and I disagree about the best place to spend the 4th of July. He thinks that the Fourth can be spent anywhere as long as there is bar-b-que, hamburgers, and fireworks. I, on the other hand, think that the Fourth is not complete without decorated golfcarts and the Peachtree City parade.


It just so happens that Jason's Aunt Michelle, Uncle Chris and their four children usually visit Jason's parents over the 4th of July holiday, which is a perfect opportunity for us to visit the family. This year, we spent the 4th of July in Peachtree City with our families. We started the day by going to the Peachtree City Parade, which I love every year. The golfcarts, the floats, the children racing for the candy...it all makes for a perfect beginning to our nation's birthday. After the parade, we celebrated the Fourth with a cookout at the fire station (Jason's Dad is a firefighter), relaxed by the pool with a yummy trifle dessert (thanks to Jen for the wonderful recipe!) and ended the day with a bar-b-que and fireworks at my parent's church, First Baptist Church of Peachtree City. It was so exciting to be able to spend time with family and also see some friends from both high school and college. We are so blessed that our families get along so well as we were able to spend time with the entire family rather than splitting our time. It was a wonderful day!



I got this trifle recipe from a lady I work with, Jennifer Heath. It turned out so great! I also made a white chocolate one for my mother-in-law. It was yummy as well! Thanks again, Jen!



Melinda and her boys.



Me and Mom.



Needless to say, my babies loved the attention from Jason's cousins, Andrew and Adam.

No comments:

Post a Comment