Verse

The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalms 126:3

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Update and Patio Construction

I am sure I am officially in trouble with all of you who check our blog on a regular basis. I am aware that it has been awhile since our last post, but our lives have been a little crazy lately. Jason just finished his rotation in Athens. He now has a week off and then starts his rotation at Doctors Hospital here in Augusta. We are still counting down to Jason's graudation, and it is getting closer and closer (I literally CANNOT wait!!!). I just returned from working in Atlanta for the week. While the traffic was a little stressful, I really enjoyed spending time with my mom and getting to visit with my mother-in-law and my cousin, Abigail.

While most people with a week off would relax or hit some golf balls, my wonderful husband has decided to take on a couple of backyard projects during his time off. Specifically, he has decided to put a patio in our backyard along the side of our deck as well as cover our deck. He started the patio last weekend and was able to finish it today with the help of his brother and two of his best friends, Kevin and Travis. The pictures below are the progress of the project. I was thrilled this afternoon to come home after an extremely long week to see the project completed!! I am so proud of the guys! It looks incredible, and I couldn't be happier with it!

Jason and Derrick started out by digging up the grass and leveling out the ground to get the area ready to lay the gravel, sand and then the stones. This picture is particularly humerous because the guys hit a hole while they were digging up the grass. Jason looked at Derrick and said, "Derrick, stick your hand down there and see where it goes." Without hesitation, Derrick did exactly as his big brother instructed. I am sure this is a glimpse into their entire childhood! Poor Derrick!

My hard-working husband! I love him so much!

By the time I returned from Atlanta on Thursday, the guys had poured the gravel and sand as well as laid most of the flagstone.

The guys used mortar to put in between the flagstone to keep it together. This is the 60 pound bag of mortar that the guys were convinced I could not pick up and carry across the yard. Of course, I proved them wrong....

When I got home on Friday from work, the patio was complete! It's still wet in this picture from the water that they sprayed on it to set the mortar, but I think it looks awesome! I am so proud of them!

Jason and Kevin relaxing after a hard days work....they are resting up for the next project, which starts tomorrow....covering the deck!

No comments:

Post a Comment