Verse

The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalms 126:3

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy 4th Anniversary

















On June 11, Jason and I celebrated our 4th anniversary! I can't believe that we have been married for four years. I know everyone says it, but it has truly flown by. I love my husband dearly, and we are so blessed to have such a wonderful marriage!

Since moving to Augusta in 2007, we have started a tradition of eating at local Augusta restaurants for our anniversary. In 2007, it was a little restaurant called Bistro 491, which had the yummiest tomato soup with a puff pastry baked on top. In 2008, it was a restaurant called Cadwalladers Cafe, which had great food, great desserts, and great wine.

This year, we took the advice of our friends, Ryan and Isa, and ate at this little restaurant out near the lake called La Cantina. While it sounds like a Mexican restuarant, it actually has a limited menu of steaks and seafood. What is so unique about this restaurant (aside from the fact that it is run by a homely couple who, when I called to make reservations, told me, "Now, Honey, we ain't nothin' fancy 'round here!") is that the owner cooks every meal in a chiminea outside on the deck. It was amazing to see him cook our steaks to order - I got my medium, and it came out exactly medium. It appeared that cooking the steaks in the chiminea (what they called an Horno) would completely burn and char the steaks. However, the steaks were probably some of the best we have had in a long time! I have posted some pictures below of our wonderful evening. Once Jason graduates, we definitely plan to go back for a date night!

No comments:

Post a Comment