Verse

The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalms 126:3

Thursday, December 30, 2010

We're Having a Baby!!!

Yes, we are having a baby!!! I am writing this blog on December 30, 2010, two days after getting 3 (yes, I said 3 - I didn't believe the first 2!) positive pregnancy tests. (Side note - I took another one the next morning - just in case.) Wow, it seems that in two days, my entire world has changed. I don't feel much different, but the fact that everything I do from here on out affects another human life is really sinking in. It's absolutely amazing, and I feel so incredibly greatful. God is so good!

The thought that I might be preggers started on Monday afternoon when I literally couldn't get enough of the pickled okra that we had left over from Christmas. I polished off the rest of the jar by myself. I didn't think too much of this because I do love pickled okra. But, when I was sitting at my desk at work craving pickles the next day, I thought there might be more to my odd cravings. Not to mention, I was literally exhausted. At first, I thought this might be attributable to having the family in town for Christmas (which is another post below). But, the extreme fatigue along with the craving for pickles (which is funny since it's so steriotypical!) gave me just enough reason to take a pregnancy test.

Jason wasn't home when I took the test, and I couldn't wait to tell him when he got home from work!!! He was so excited, and (althought he might not admit it) got a little teary-eyed. We've been married 5 and half years, so we are both ready to start our family.

So, Baby Faunce is on the way!! We can't wait to meet him/her!! Please pray for us as we begin this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment