Verse

The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalms 126:3

Sunday, December 5, 2010

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas....

I LOVE Christmas! It's definitely my favorite time of the year. I love the smells, the songs, the special people I get to spend it with....I love it all! (Well, except maybe the lines in the stores.) I especially love the Christmas story and knowing the real meaning of Christmas...to celebrate God's ultimate gift to us.

This weekend, my in-laws came to visit, and we had a great time visiting and Melinda, Jasmin, and I had a great time decorating our home for Christmas.

Notice the girls are the ones that did all the decorating! The boys sat around watching football. :)

One of the things I love most at Christmas is getting to put my ornaments on my Christmas tree. It reminds me every year of two of my favorite women. My Nanny, who passed away in October 2007, started a tradition of giving me a Christmas ornament every year from the time I was born. She thought that this would help me to be able to decorate my own tree one day when I was married and out on my own. My Mom continued this tradition as we got older, and still gives me an ornament every year (which I absolutely love...if I never got anything except my special ornament from my Mom, I would be happy). These ornaments are so special to me, and as they go on the tree each year, I am reminded of how blessed I am to have (and to have had) these special women in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment