Verse

The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalms 126:3

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas with my parents

We had so much fun last weekend celebrating Christmas with my family! The week before we traveled to PTC, I was doing some Christmas shopping and saw a hand towel that says, "Home is where your Mom is". I love it! There's not place like where Mom is. :) Here are a few pictures from our trip to my parent's last weekend. They spoiled us with great gifts, great food, and a great time!

This scarf was one of the gifts we gave my mom. She loved it! Here she is posing for us:


Every time I go home, Don Don spoils me with coffee from Starbucks (it's so funny to hear him try to remember what I like, but he always seems to get it right!) He loves Starbucks, also, so we thought it appropriate to get him a giftcard as one of his gifts:
Last time my parents came to visit, Jason and Donny played golf, and Jason had good luck with a yellow ball that he played with. So, Donny thought it would be a good idea to get him an entire box! Don't think he'll be losing those any time soon...

This is a terrible picture, but this was me opening one of the most special gifts I have ever gotten. My Mama June, who is an AMAZING cook and baker, gave me a Southern Living at Home cookbook that was hers from 1985, which is the year I was born. This is so special! She wrote the sweetest message in the front, and I know I will cherish this gift forever (obviously, I was crying!)

Mama June and Daddy Jack gave Jason a nice polo shirt. Perfect for playing golf with his yellow golf balls!

Me and Mom and our matching scarves.

I love my Mom!

That Hubba - love him!

We are looking forward to Christmas Eve tomorrow and our Christmas Eve service at Quest UMC (service is at 6:30 if anyone wants to join us!). I always love the Christmas Eve service - it always give me a chance to slow down and remember what this season is really about. We are also looking forward to Jason's family coming for Christmas! Santa Claus is coming to town....

No comments:

Post a Comment