Verse

The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalms 126:3

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Week 4 - Poppyseed

Jason and I have started calling our baby our little Poppyseed, because, according to my daily updates from babycenter.com, that's how big the little Baby Faunce is at this time. It's amazing to imagine that it will grow into a baby!

I'm feeling pretty good so far. I'm extremely exhausted and have a constant backache. This is definitely a change for me. I've never been a morning person, but typically by 9:00 a.m. or so, I'm good to go (with the assistance of Dunkin Donuts coffee, of course). Not so much these days. I wake up exhausted, work through the day barely able to hold my eyes open, and crash immediately when I get home. (I'm not sure caffiene would help even if I could have it!) But, I can't complain - I feel so blessed!

Yesterday at work (December 30), I thought I had my first was of neasuea. I did, but it actually turned out to be a stomach virus! I couldn't believe it! What are the chances?!?! So, the last 18 hours have been terrible - as it is anytime you have a stomach virus, pregnant or not. (I would rather have anything besides a stomach virus!) And my poor little Poppyseed hasn't eaten anything as a result. Jason says the Poppyseed will be just fine and not to worry.

Being pregnant, even only knowing for the past few days, has completely changed my world. I double and triple check everything I eat and do to make sure its okay. There are so many things you can't have! I'm sure I will get the hang of it. When I was a teenager and my now sweet husband would take me out on a date, my in-laws used to tell him, "Be careful! You have precious cargo." I feel exactly the same way about my little Poppyseed....he/she is already precious to me.

I am amazed by how much I feel like I have physically changed already. Most of you probably can't tell, but I can definitely tell. Not to mention, my sweet husband informed me that I now have love handles ("You've never had love handles! Even when you gain weight!"). Thank you, Honey...love your honesty. (Bless his heart!). Here is a picture of me at 4 weeks, 3 days after finding out the big news!

No comments:

Post a Comment