Verse

The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalms 126:3

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Nanny

I am a sentimental person even when I am not pregnant, but pregnancy has definitely brought this out in me even more. One of the things I have been thinking about lately is the moment I hold my sweet baby girl in my arms...who will I want to call first? I'm praying that our parents both make it to Augusta to be at the hospital for her arrival. And there are so many other special people in my life that I can't wait to share the news with. But, when I think about who I would want to call first, I always think about my Nanny.

My Nanny was such a special person in my life. She loved her "little angels" so much. We all knew where we stood with her. My Nanny went to be with Jesus almost 4 years ago, and there is not a day that goes by that I don't miss her. It's funny how, in the times that are supposed to be the happiest, there is always a twinge of sadness wishing that she were here to share in the joy and excitement. This special time in my life is no different. The closer I get to welcoming my sweet daughter into my life, the more my heart hurts wishing my Nanny were still here to see her and hold her. I know that she's watching from heaven, and I know that she is so excited.

1 comment:

  1. Awe sweet Kristen...how I can relate! It has been Papa that I have missed...but the thought of my Mema going to meet Jesus one day is sometimes more than I can handle. Hold onto the sweet memories...knowing one day we will ALL be together forever! Love you! So excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete