Verse

The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalms 126:3

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Catch-up #1: Fayetteville Shower for June Anne

A few weeks ago, 4 of my sweet cousins (Deanna, Jenni, Sara and Kelley) and my Aunt Dona threw a baby shower for me and June Anne in Fayetteville, which is where a lot of my family lives. It was such a special time! Everyone knows how much I love my family (ok, we are kind of obsessed with each other, it's that serious!), so I couldn't wait to celebrate with them and my sweet friends in the area! We spent the entire day laughing! (Except a few sweet moments that brought me to tears.) The hostesses went above and beyond to make the day a special day for June Anne and me. And so many people traveled so far to celebrate with us. All I can say is that we are truly blessed.

The sweet hostesses and me - Jenni, Aunt Dona, Sara, Deanna (with sweet baby Benjamin) and Kelley:Me and June Anne with BeBe and MeMe! Aren't these the best-looking grandmas you've ever seen?This is pretty much what we did the entire day! One of the things my cousin, Deanna, gave me was a sweet bib that says, "Mommy's Little Angel" I'm not sure she expected my reaction! My Nanny always called me and my cousins her angels, and that is what I have been calling my sweet baby girl. Needless to say, it made me cry! (But, what doesn't these days?!)We played a game where Deanna used a string to measure my belly and everyone had to try to cut a string to match hers...some of them were hysterical! They were so long! Really, people? I know I look huge, but come on! Haha!




No comments:

Post a Comment