Verse

The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalms 126:3

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Almost-35-Weeks Update

At nearly 35 weeks, it's really starting to sink in that we could be meeting our sweet daughter literally any day now! On Tuesday, we went for our 34 week appointment. Dr. Maddox likes to do an ultrasound at 34 weeks to re-check everything and make sure there isn't anything that was missed on the 20 week ultrasound or anything that had developed between then and now. I feel very blessed to say that the ultrasound went amazing! Our daughter is growing wonderfully! Based on the extensive measurements they took, they estimated her to be 5 lbs 5 oz as of Tuesday with an estimated 1 oz weight gain per day from here on out. This means that at 40 weeks, she will be approximately 7 lbs 12 oz!!! Jason and I assumed we would have a little 6 lbs baby - we were both very small - in the 5 lbs range. I'm amazed that she is already almost as big as we were when we were born! At my appointment, Dr. Maddox told me that I was "at the point of no return," meaning that if I go into labor any time from here on out, she's not going to stop it. I can't believe we have gotten to this point! It seems like I just found out I was pregnant!

In addition to our doctors appointment, we have been working hard to get June Anne's room ready for her arrival! Jason finally realized this past weekend that he needed to consider putting together the crib. I will say that I was somewhat dreading this....I know these things usually take a long time to put together, and my husband was NOT blessed with patience. Luckily, it only took us 35 minutes to put it together! Whew! So, she now has a crib (we are waiting on the crib bedding to come in), a beautiful dresser that we are going to use as a changing table, and a sweet, unique shelf that my mom actually found in at a yard sale and we painted. I have also been able to wash all of her ADORABLE clothes and hang them in the closet or put them in her dresser. It's so nice to be able to get this "nesting" done! I feel much more settled and ready for her to come!

As her arrival is getting closer and closer, I've started thinking more and more about what she is going to be like. If she is anything like she is in the womb, she's going to be a wild child who doesn't like to sleep. I think she is going to be spunky and have a lot of energy (just like her daddy). She loves to move around - all the time! She really loves to dance while I am sleeping, which I have started to get used to now. I can feel every single movement now that she is such a big girl, and sometimes it feels like she is going to crush my ribs if she moves any further up.

I will say that the closer she gets to making her appearance, the more and more I love her. I can't imagine how I will feel when I meet her for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment