Verse

The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalms 126:3

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

This weekend, we packed up and traveled to PTC to spend Easter with our family. We had a GREAT weekend! I was in Peachtree City last weekend throwing a baby shower for my cousin, but there is just something special about being there with my husband. We didn't get in until late Friday night and stopped by Jason's parent's to visit for a few minutes before going over to my parents. We were able to see Jason's parent's remodeled living room and almost-complete kitchen. It's beautiful!!! We can't wait to go back in a few weeks to break in the kitchen and visit with Jason's family.


Saturday, Jason and Donny went and played golf all day, while mom and I just ran around town. We were also able to celebrate Jason's birthday. His request: chicken pie. Of course, my mom obliged (he's rotten!). I also surprised him with a red velvet cake with homemade cream cheese frosting (one of his favorites). I felt like he was a little shafted on his bday this year with the exciting news of our baby girl (he, obviously, didn't feel this way at all!), so I wanted to do something special for just him.


This morning, we went to church to celebrate Jesus' resurrection. What an amazing gift that we have received! How can we respond with anything other than humility and love! Afterwards, we were able to spend some very special time with my parents, grandparents, my aunt, and some of my cousins. It was such an awesome time! I love spending time with my family, especially my grandparents. They have so much wisdom, and it is so neat to hear their stories. It was a really sweet time.


This weekend, we were also able to announce the name that we have decided to give to our sweet baby girl. Jason and I are very big on family names and honoring those that have come before us. For the longest time, we have known that we wanted to use Annalisa as a middle name. My middle name is Alisa, and I am named after my mom, Lisa. My mother-in-law's middle name is Annette. So, we combined these for Annalisa. Also, my great-grandmama Benson's name is Anne (my mom's grandmother) and my Mema's name is Jean Ann (Donny's mom). Needless to say, Annalisa covers a lot of special women in my life! Middle name...check.


We went back and forth for a few days on what we wanted to use as a first name. After a couple of choices, we decided that we would name our sweet baby girl after one of the most special women in my life - my Mama June (my maternal grandmother). My Mama June is so amazing - she has 5 children, 18 grandchildren (not including spouses, which all claim her as their Mama June as well) and 10 great-grandchildren (with 4 more on the way!). What a legacy! I have so many good memories of my Mama June, and I know there are many more to come. She has raised all of her children to love the Lord, and I know that my relationship with Jesus Christ would not be what it is without her love for the Lord, which she passed on to my mom, who then passed this love on to me.


So, our sweet baby girl will be June Annalisa Faunce after 4 generations of Benson women (my great-grandmama Benson, my Mama June, my mom, and me), my mother-in-law, and my Mema. We are calling her June Anne. The more we say it, the more we love it! And we definitely love the women whose names she carries on!

1 comment: