Verse

The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalms 126:3

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

And it's a....

GIRL!!!!

We are tickled pink!!! Literally!!! We could not be happier!! I thought it was a girl the entire time! (And I LOVE being right!!! Haha!). Jason has already acknowledged that he is in big trouble! (Which I think is how it should be with daddy's and little girls!

Our 20 week appointment today went so well, which is such a blessing. It all started out with me hitting a car in the parking garage...no, I'm not kidding...at all. I was running late for my appointment, so I left a note. (I have yet to hear from the driver, so we will see how that plays out). They did everything they normally do at our appointments - blood pressure (which I told the nurse was probably high seeing as I just hit a parked vehicle...I wish I had a picture of her face! She thought I had lost it!!), vitals, iron, urine...blah, blah, blah. The boring stuff. I have gained a total of 13 pounds (how is that possible and where is it going?!? All of my pants still fit!), which Dr. Maddox said she was very pleased with. (Apparently, they are ok with smaller people gaining a little more, so I'm going with it).


We then waited an hour in the waiting room to go back!!! We have never had to wait more than 15 minutes. Of course, on the day we are dying to get back there, it takes longer! The sonographer took us back and right away, I told her we wanted to know the sex of the baby. She started our DVD running (which we got to bring home with us - you can see Baby Girl moving all around - it's amazing!!!) and took a peek to see if she could confirm the sex. Baby Girl cooperated very nicely and was floating around with her legs spread eagle! So, it's definitely a girl!! No mistake about it!! The rest of the sonogram was AMAZING! It was definitely the best so far! And our sonographer was AWESOME! She took so much time with us, showing us everything. She also provided some 3D pictures (which I usually think are crazy looking, but she got one good one that I thought was cute, which I have included below).

Dr. Maddox assured us that everything looks perfect and Baby Girl is doing great! Baby Girl is breech, but she said only 4% of babies stay that way, so she's not concerned yet. Everything is measuring good, and we are so grateful for a healthy baby. God is so good!

WE ARE SOOO EXCITED!!!!!!



20 Weeks:



It's a GIRL!!!!




She's trying hard to suck that thumb! I keep telling her to stop that!



Isn't she beautiful?!?


1 comment:

  1. Yay for little girls! (ps this is morgan from richard's account)

    ReplyDelete