Verse

The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalms 126:3

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Attic Sale Finds

So, as most of you know, I am all about a bargain. And I am not above buying items that are gently used - one man's trash is another man's treasure! Every year, the Junior League has an Attic Sale, which consists of each member donating $175 worth of "stuff" (some "junk"), which is then sold at a large garage sale, basically. As with any garage sale, you can find lots of junk; but, among the clutter of junk, there are a few jewels that you can find if you know where to look and what to look for. On Friday night, I went to the preview party for the Attic Sale, looking specifically for anything that would look good in our new home. Jason is all about things that are different and not matchy-matchy. It's taken me some time to get there, but I'm trying to broaden my horizons when it comes to furniture and decorating (you're talking about a CPA with an accounting and math degree - I LOVE symmetry and matchy-matchy). So, I was trying to find things that would be unique and different. I found some great stuff of Friday night! My finds included 3 decorative mirrors, a bench for the foyer, a small lamp for one of the bathrooms, a beautiful, white Pfaltzgraff pitcher, a mail holder for the kitchen (that needs a little TLC) and an awesome free-standing wine opener (which I will be using in 6 months!).
On Saturday morning, I had a work shift from 6:30 to 9:30 and was assigned the baby clothes section. Needless to say, it gave me the itch to buy something for the baby. But, since we don't know what we are having yet (and since most of the good stuff was taken early in the morning), it was slim-pickins for Baby Faunce. But, I did find a couple of cute items that the baby will be able to use right away, whether it's a boy or a girl, including a cute bib, a receiving blanket and a sweet white baby blanket with yellow trim. Love them! Grand total for these three items....$2.00!!!!

I also sifted through the baby toys while I was there and found some great noise-making toys, which are apparently very expensive at the store. They are all very clean, gently used and work perfectly! Grand total for these 4 toys....$15!!!! You can't beat that!! Bruiser and Bella thought I bought them toys...
And, finally, 14 weeks photo. Feeling great, feeling bigger. Finally got some maternity pants from Gap, which fit great. Big change from 12.5 weeks, huh?? Baby Faunce is definitely growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment