Verse

The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalms 126:3

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Weeks 10 and 11

Week 10, thankfully, brought some reprieve from the nausea. Now I'm only sick at night sometimes, which beats all day! Week 10 and 11 have also brought some anxiety about the baby. I don't know if it's because it's been so long since I've been to the doctor. I have been praying a lot the past couple of weeks (as well as having others pray for me) about this fear and worrying. It really is stealing my joy! God is so faithful though! He answered these prayers in such evident ways! One such story (I have shared this with some of you, so bear with me - it was just so moving!):

I had really praying the about peace and comfort and trying to have joy and not fear. One afternoon, my babycenter.com update was "20 Things Not to Worry About When You are Pregnant". Hahah!!! Got it, Lord. Thanks! Then the next morning, I went in to work early to tell my boss that I am pregnant. And it could not have gone better. I swear the Lord put the exact words in his mouth that I needed to hear this morning. He talked about how important family is and that they will be flexible with me now and when the baby comes. His exact words were, "Whatever is best for your family is what is best." Then he asked if he could pray for me. So, he came from behind his desk and put his hands on my shoulders and prayed for me. His prayer was all about what a blessing children are and that God would give me PEACE and supernatural COMFORT!!!! I was BAWLING!!!! Then when he got done, I hugged him and told him how much I needed that. I told him I'd been kinda anxious the past couple of days. And he said, "God didn't just wake up one day and say, 'Oh my! Kristen's pregnant! I better get on that!'" Oh my gosh! I am so thankful and feel so blessed to be surrounded by such godly people.

Is God not so good and so faithful all the time? What an answer to prayer! He never ceases to amaze me!

I'm very excited to go to my 12 week appointment next Monday. Jason has to work, so my mom is coming for the visit. I'm ready to hear that sweet angel's heartbeat again!

Here's a pic that Jason took today - 11 weeks.

1 comment:

  1. OMG I am so happy for you! You are going to be a great mom!! :) Congrats

    ReplyDelete