Verse

The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalms 126:3

Monday, January 24, 2011

Weeks 7 and 8

I can't believe its been a month since we found out we are having a baby. It feels like both a lifetime and no time at all! I wasn't able to get a 6 week pic so, as promised, here is the 7 weeks:


Seven weeks brought even more neasea, including 2 days where I felt sick the entire day. But, at least I know there's a reason. I'm growing a human inside of me, for goodness sake! My pants no longer button. I have learned some good tricks from my other prego friends (and previously prego friends) including the fact that Bella Bands are a MUST and you can expand your pant-wearing by using a ponytail holder and wrapping it around the button. Who knew?!? So, I'm putting these tricks to the test and they are working wonderfully! I should clarify that I can still button some of my pants, but they are quite tight when sitting down, so I prefer to not button them.

Food has become my arch nemesis and my best friend at the same time. Sometimes something sounds good while I'm making it only to make me feel very sick at the thought of eating it minutes later. Case in point - I recently made a double batch of White Chili (my best friend, Whitney's recipe). I love this stuff! I always have. I loved it when I was making it, and the first two times I ate it. Then, all of a sudden, out of nowhere, the thought of having that White Chili in my house made me sick! I had to give every last serving away! (Thank you, Jess, for taking it off my hands!!)

Anyways, enough about me. Today we went for our first doctor's visit. They took us back right away to do the sonogram. It was absolutely amazing! I have been very emotional today waiting for the moment when I heard that little, quick heartbeat, and the moment definitely didn't disappoint. Nothing and no one could prepare me for that moment. My heart was completely full, and I'm so sure of God's goodness in a way that I have never known before. Seeing and hearing that little heart beating made every minute of exhaustion and neasea completely worth it. I love that baby already. And Jason was so sweet. I think it just hit him today when we were in our appointment. Before today, he was somewhat detached, like he didn't really believe anything was happening. I can't wait to see him as a Daddy! Here is a picture of our little baby...the head is pointing down, the dark spot in the head is the brain and the little things sticking out on the right side of the picture are the arms.



Completely amazing! God is so good, and we are so grateful for the opportunity to be this little angel's parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment