Verse

The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalms 126:3

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A year later...

I vividly remember December 28, 2010. It's funny how certain days start out like any other and end up changing your entire life. We had celebrated Christmas with Jason's family, and I had gone back to work after having a good bit of time off. Very few people were in the office that day, which is always the case right before busy season and around the holidays. I was completely exhausted that day, and I was craving pickles, of all things. I knew when I left work and could barely hold my eyes open that I should take a pregnancy test when I got home. And I did. And it was positive! And just like that, my world would never be the same.

A year later, I'm amazed by God's grace in my life as I watch my now 4 month old sweet daughter smiling and laughing. I am blown away by the overwhelming love a mother can feel for her child. And I am beyond thankful that God has entrusted this precious angel to my care.

A year ago, I would have never imagined that the little baby inside of me was going to be such a joy in our lives. I was so excited to meet my sweet girl, but I had no clue that she would be as incredible as she is! I can honestly say that I have enjoyed and lived in every moment this past year. I am so thankful. And December 28, 2010 will always be a day that I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment