Verse

The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalms 126:3

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Half-Marathon Results

Jason and I had such a great time running our half-marathon this morning. We were a little concerned about Jason's ankle as he injured it on our long run last week, but he was a trooper, and we were able to run the entire 13.1 miles! We maintained an average 10:00-minute mile pace throughout the race (of course, our pace was much faster at the beginning and slowed some towards the end when Jason's ankle started bothering him). We didn't win the race (obviously), but we didn't finish last either, and I would say we did well for our first half-marathon. We are already planning on running another one in a few months!

In other news, I had to send Jason off for his LAST out-of-town rotation this afternoon! Only 4 more nights and he is home for good! I am so thankful that this is coming to a close. And I am so proud of him for being such a good sport about traveling for the last year and a half. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband (I'd just prefer to have him home instead of away all week!).

No comments:

Post a Comment