Verse

The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalms 126:3

Friday, November 27, 2009

Mercer Homecoming, Thanksgiving, and Josephine

Last weekend was homecoming for Mercer University, and I was so happy to go to Macon to visit with some of my greatest friends for the weekend! Jenna, Becca, Amanda, and I stayed downtown, and we had a great time. We hung out, met up with some college friends, and attended the ADPi Homecoming Brunch and the Mercer vs. FSU men's basketball game. It was so great to be able to see my college friends, and it felt so strange to walk through campus as an alum. Those were some great times....I really miss all of them so much!

Dinner at El Sombraro (Amanda's favorite place!)



ADPi Brunch


With Jesse Mercer



On Thursday, Jason and I traveled to Peachtree City to spend Thanksgiving with our families. As is tradition with our family, all of my aunts, uncles, cousins, and their children got together at my grandparents house in Fayetteville. This is probably my favorite day of the entire year. Our family has always been extremely close, and it seems to get harder and harder to get together the older we get. But, we always know that everyone will be at Thanksgiving at Mama June and Daddy Jack's. This is a special time for our family to get together, enjoy the best food in the world, and get to see how much the babies in the family have changed over the past year. This year was very special because my Daddy Jack, who has not been doing well, had a really good day. He was able to go outside and watch all the children playing. Most of the kids below are his great-grandchildren. Mama June and Daddy Jack should be very proud of the legacy they have created with our family. I love them so much!




On Friday, before traveling back to Augusta, we went to LaGrange to visit our dear friends Ryan and Isa and meet their sweet baby, Josephine. Josephine was an absolute angel, and literally one of the most beautiful babies I have ever seen. She is as close to perfect as they come, and we couldn't be happier for Ryan and Isa! Isa is one of those people that was absolutely, 100% made to be a mom, and she loves that little Josephine so much she can't stand it! It's so neat to see them with their sweet baby. I always knew that Isa would be a great mom. We loved spending time with the Meeks, and we couldn't get enough of that sweet baby girl!




No comments:

Post a Comment