Verse

The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalms 126:3

Saturday, March 17, 2012

What am I doing?!

Can I first start out this post by being honest? I have no clue what I am doing most of the time when it comes to being a mom! I have never been as insecure as I am now that I'm a mom. I'm quite certain Jason, the pediatrician, my sweet friend, Kimble, and June Anne's teachers get so fed up with me and my constant questioning! Here's an example for your entertainment..."Do you think she might get hot with a sleep sack? But if I don't do a sleep sack, do you think she will be cold? She'll probably be cold, right? But, I'm worried that she might be hot with the sleep sack." Will she die either way?! No, of course not!!! But, do I want her to be comfortable? Yes! Terrible. This is my life these days. And it seems like every new milestone brings a new case of insecurity along with it. I can remember when she started sleeping through the night..."Do you think I should wake her to feed her?" and when she got her first cold...."Should I give her Tylenol? Or do you think she's ok? Do you think she's warm? I think she may be a little warm. I'm going to take her temperature again. Yes, I realize I just took it! I'm going to take it again to be sure." Now that we have started solids, the questions just keep coming! "What am I supposed to give her? How much? What if she doesn't want it? What about strawberries? Are the really poisonous?"

As with every other milestone, the questions of feeding have been answered by trial and error. And also by guidance from the very people that I drive crazy! We started slow and have now worked up two feedings a day - one around 10 am and the other around 6:00 pm. She's typically a pretty good eater. So far, she has had applesauce, bananas, avocados, carrots, greens beans and cereal. Her favorite by far is green beans! Next on the list is sweet potatoes and squash after that. I've been making my own baby food, and I absolutely love it!!! We were given a baby food maker by my boss after she was done making food for her now 3 year old. I'm not sure I would've taken the plunge into homemade baby food without it. Who knew it could be so easy?!

No comments:

Post a Comment