Verse

The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalms 126:3

Friday, March 9, 2012

6 month check-up

So, the mommy in me hates nothing more than going to these checkups every couple of months...because in the first year, checkup (or wellness visit, as they call them) also means SHOTS!!! No fun at all....for mommy or baby. Luckily, I'm blessed with a happy, happy child that doesn't mind shots so much. She cries for about 30 seconds and then is back to laughing and smiling. I think they hurt me more than her!

We went for June Anne's 6 month wellness visit on Thursday and got a good report from Dr. Miller! June Anne is growing well - 14 lbs 12 oz (25th percentile) and 25 5/8 inches long (40th percentile). Dr. Miller went over her growth curve with us, showing us that she is staying right along her original growth curve. He says that she will always be petite, more than likely, regardless of how much she eats! (This sprung from our conversation regarding the fact that she eats no less than 36 oz everyday! Normal range is 25-35!) I'm sure my petite sweetie will be thankful for that as she gets older! :)

Dr. Miller also instructed us to go ahead and start with solids. We started rice cereal about a month ago, but he wants to add fruits and veggies to her diet. Am I ready for this?! I plan on trying to make June Anne's food. I started with carrots, which turned out all right! She loved them! It's so funny to watch her with the new textures and tastes.

Dr. Miller also commented that she is a happy, happy baby and very social, which isn't so surprising if you know her daddy and me!

I'll leave you with a couple of pictures from out day...hardly looks like a baby that was poked, prodded, and stuck with 4 needles!

No comments:

Post a Comment