Verse

The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalms 126:3

Thursday, June 30, 2011

House Renovations Continued...

One reason I've been MIA from the blogging world is that we have been so busy with the new house renovations. A couple of weeks ago, Jason's parents came to town to basically help us with anything that needed to be done. While they were here, they cleaned our carpets (my father-in-law is a firefighter and cleans carpets on the side, so it was definitely an expert job!), cleaned our entire house, helped us refinish our fireplace/hearth, AND helped us paint!!! Jasmin and Derrick also pitched in! It was definitely a family affiar, and we are so grateful for the help!

Fireplace before the makeover - 90s hunter green - terrible!



and AFTER!!!! I LOVE IT!!!(At this point, we were still working on getting all the excess grout off, but you get the idea.)
And here are a couple of pictures of the fireplace progress
While Jason and John were busy on the fireplace, me, Melinda, Jasmin and Derrick painted doors and doorframes:


Move in day is exactly a week away!!! My mom is coming Tuesday to help start the packing; I've also been able to recruit Jasmin to help. And Thursday, Jason's parents are coming as well to help with the unpacking. I can't believe that in a week we will be moving out of our home into our beautiful new house. It's bittersweet - I'm so excited to get settled in to the home where we will raise our family, but I'm also sad to leave the home where we have made so many sweet memories! Pray for us during this transition, especially that Jason and I will have patience with each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment