Verse

The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalms 126:3

Saturday, October 2, 2010

First Hiking Trip

I have not been doing good lately with the blogging. Even though I have more time than I've ever had before! It amazes me how I was able to get so much more done when I was struggling to find time to do it all! But, I'm trying to do better and promise to post more frequently.

A few weeks ago, Jason and I packed up the dogs, our packs, tents, and food and travelled to Jack's River for our first overnight hiking trip (well, not Jason's first trip - he's been numerous times for many more nights than I'm willing to go....). We have been camping many times, but this was much different than our traditional car camping trips. When we go car camping, we spare very few luxuries...we take the grill, the steaks, the eggs for breakfast, all the amenities. Hiking was much different. All we had was what we carried on our backs. (Conversation before our trip: "What do you mean I can't take stuff for smores?" "Well, if you want stuff for smores, you're gonna have to carry the stuff for smores." NOTE: We had smores...I will willingly carry the ingredients for smores any day of the week.)

We hiked six miles to our camp, spent the night (ate out of aluminum bags and, of course, enjoyed smores next to a warm fire), and then hiked back out six miles the next morning. It was quite an experience (blisters and all). I will definitely do it again soon...only with better fitting shoes.

Here are some pictures from our wonderful trip to Jack's River:


No comments:

Post a Comment