Verse

The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalms 126:3

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Daylilies - "Good things come to those who wait"

Yardwork is not really my thing....at all. Luckily, it is Jason's thing. And over the past three years (since we bought our house in Augusta), my sweet husband has taken so much time making our yard beautiful. Two years ago, he ordered a bunch of daylilies from an online gardening site. I had serious doubts about the ability of the daylilies to grow. In fact, the first year they sprouted, they didn't have any blooms. He has told me numerous times that we're "in it for the long-run...it takes time...be patient." Well, any of you that really know me know that patience is NOT one of my gifts. If daylilies were planted on Saturday, I want them blooming on Monday! But, I've waited patiently for my daylilies to bloom. This year, they are going crazy! And I LOVE them!!










These bright daylilies make me smile everyday when I leave for and come home from work. Good things do, in fact, come to those who wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment