Verse

The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalms 126:3

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Birthday!!!

I had an amazing birthday this year!!! There is nothing sweeter than spending the day with my family of 4!! Jason was off work - his last day of being off with me for paternity leave. And June Anne did not go to school. We had to take both girls to the doctor - June Anne for her 18 month appointment and Madeline for her 2 week appointment. Dr. Miller said both girls are very healthy and doing great, which is such a blessing to a mama's ears. June Anne is 24 lbs, 4 oz (50th percentile) and 31 1/2 inches (45th percentile) and Madeline is 8 lbs, 3 oz (50th percentile and well over her birth weight! Wahoo!) and 21 inches (75th percentile). I swore June Anne was 30 lbs before we went! It's all relative, I guess. She seems so big now that Madeline is here! June Anne had to have one shot this visit to catch up on her vaccinations. When she saw the bandaid, she immediately started crying and said, "Boo boo!" Sad!!! It only took a snack trap with animal crackers and Daddy's lap to calm her down. But, the rest of the day we heard "Boo boo" repeatedly. Bless her sweet little heart. Madeline, on the other hand, barely made a peep during her exam. Maybe she's used to being poked and prodded? Sad, but true. Such is life with an 18 month old sister!

After the doctor's appointment, lunch and a nap (for all three of us girls!), I wanted to go to the park. The weather was beautiful yesterday. High right near 70. And there's nothing I love more than sitting outside in beautiful weather watching June Anne and her Daddy run around. (Before I got extremely uncomfortable during my pregnancy, I used to be in the mix. Now that I have Madeline strapped to me, I can do more, but I'm still somewhat limited). We had a great time at the park. June Anne is so rambunctious - she desperately needs torun off energy every single day. When she goes to school, they go outside in the morning and I the afternoon! So , when she is home, we try to go to the park often.

After the park, Madeline had to eat before we met friends for dinner. Rather than go all the way home, I just nursed her in the car. (I'm not above nursing her on a park bench with a nursing cover, don't get me wrong! But it was pretty windy, so we opted for the car). Jason and June Anne took a little walk and then Jason put Word World into the DVD player for her while Madeline finished up. She made her was to the back seat and thought she had done something big! So funny to watch their little minds work at this age.

Jason and I decided no gifts this year. We are currently getting a pool put in so that's our gift to each other this year! He did get me a very sweet card and the girls also got me a precious card, which June Anne decorated. I feel so incredibly blessed. I couldn't ask for a better birthday.




















No comments:

Post a Comment