Verse

The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalms 126:3

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pics

Just some cute pictures if my monkey from the last few weeks. I LOVE THIS CHILD! Obsessed is probably a more accurate description. She is funny, daring, sweet, generous, particular. She knows what she wants and she is very verbal until she gets it! (With lots of "peez"s, of course). She says so many words these days! It's hard for me to even keep track! The latest are "apple" and "amen". But, she says probably 30 or so more also from all the family's names ("mommy", "daddy", each grandparent, and she's even attempting "Madeline"!) "please" and "thank you" to "diaper" (really more like "biaper"). One of the newer additions to the vocabulary is "no". Yikes!!!! And she uses it in perfect content! We are trying to couple it with "thank you" and "ma'am". It is useful for her to be able to tell us if she we are totally off base when communicating with her. But, we'd like for her to be respectful in that communication. We are working on it!

The other latest is that she now tells us when she is about to go poop. (Yes, I realize this is not a glamorous topic!) So, I'm thinking potty training is in our near future, although I don't have the energy right now! Kinda like I don't have the energy to even consider a toddler bed for her yet! I'm learning to offer myself a little grace. My child is advanced, she always has been, but that doesn't mean I have to push everything the moment she displays a certain behavior. In time, in time!























No comments:

Post a Comment