Verse

The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalms 126:3

Thursday, September 27, 2012

One Year Check-up and Pics

We went for June Anne's one year check-up two weeks ago. It was TERRIBLE!!! She's such a smartie and has been to the doctor's office so often over the past year for her ears that immediately when the nurse comes into the waiting room and says, "June Anne" she bursts into tears. A normally happy, social butterfly, there is no way you can convince me that the tears are from stranger-danger. She ONLY does it at the doctor's office. Terrible. Needless to say, it made for one sad mama. Because not only does she detest going to the doctor, she also had to have 3 shots and will have 3 more at her 15 month check-up. Yuck. As far as her stats, she was 28 1/2 inches long (25th percentile) and 20 lbs and 11 oz (40th percentile). This was a little surprising to me because she has always been in the opposite percentages - 40th for height and 25th for weight. I'm not sure why I'm surprised - the child can eat! She is very serious about her food! Dr. Miller was very happy with where she falls on the charts, and he said that I am doing a great job (which is always nice for a mama to hear! Love him!). The only thing that he was somewhat concerned with was her hemoglobin levels. She had been sick for a couple of days when we went, so he said that the slightly low levels could be due to her cold. We go back tomorrow to have another blood sample taken to check her hemoglobin again to determine whether or not she is slightly anemic. We shall see! I can't complain. Other than the hemoglobin levels, I have a perfectly healthly, happy one-year old! I feel incredibly blessed.

A couple of days before her appointment, we had her one-year pictures taken by our amazing photographer, Tiffany Rosier (www.sweetdreamsandjellybeans.com). I had to post a few of my favorites from the shoot! June Anne was fussy, fussy on this particular morning (I think she was coming down with the cold that she had when we visited the doctor's office a few days later....). So, I was amazed that Tiffany was able to get so many awesome shots. Just speaks to her abilities!

Check out this little monkey. So in love with this child. Love her curious little personality. Love that she is somewhat of a wild child! She's so fun!











No comments:

Post a Comment