Verse

The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalms 126:3

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Things I Love - 8 months

This is mostly for me to remember, so feel free to skip this post altogether, but I wanted to make a list of some things that June Anne is doing right now that I absolutely love:

1. Playing with her hair when she is sleepy. I can't wait to see if this habit continues into her childhood. In connection with this one, I love how crazy her hair is in the morning since she plays with it in the middle of the night to sooth herself back to sleep. It sticks straight up! So funny!

2. Tilting her head and bending in all directions to try to see someone or something. She is so interested and inquisitive.

3. The way she plays in her crib until we come get her in the morning. Such a sweet, happy girl.

4. How she "talks" to the dogs when she sees them. She makes an "eh! eh!" noise as if saying, "Please come here!" When they come close to her she squeals and laughs and touches their hair...so interested.

5. How she ENJOYS her food. She gets so excited when she sees me preparing it. With each bite, she says, "Mmmm" and opens wide for more. A girl after my own heart!

6. How she lights up when she sees her Daddy and says, "Dada, dada!" These started out just as syllables, but we have tried to make a point to associate them with Daddy, and she has definitely made the connection!

7. Her social personality. Jason and I love being around friends and family, and June Anne is the same way. She will happily go to anyone and everyone! And on the mornings that I take her school, she lights up as soon as she sees her friends and teachers. Warms my heart. Yesterday, we took her early since I had to be at the hospital at 7:00 am for surgery. She was the first baby there, and she looked so confused as if saying, "Wait, where are my friends?!" Sometimes I wonder if she gets bored here with me and Jason!

8. Her sweet smile. She smiles with her entire face, especially her eyes, not just her mouth. Love it!

9. Her belly laughs. So contagious!

10. Her hugs and kisses. The hugs she's been doing awhile, and I thought there was nothing sweeter...until the kisses came along! They are few and far between. She is much too interested in everything else to take time for that! But, when you get or of those sweet, slobbery kisses...oh my goodness! Nothing more to say here.

11. How she loves her beauty sleep. On the days I stay home, she will usually sleep from 7:15 pm to 7:30 or 8:30 am! No training. Just her own schedule. Love that!

1 comment:

  1. Who knew an 8 month old could be so fun?! Happy 8 months June Anne!

    ReplyDelete