Verse

The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalms 126:3

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Hardwoods and Furniture

When Jason and I got married 5 years ago, we had next to nothing. The only furniture to our name was my bedroom furniture that my mother had given me for my 10th birthday. This furniture is beautiful, and we still use in our guest bedroom. But, when we got married and moved into our 900 sq. ft. two bedroom apartment on Wesleyan Drive in Macon, it was all we had. So, we felt very blessed to have Jason's parents give us some beautiful furniture that they had in their formal living room. They also were so sweet to pay to have it covered for us in the fabric of our choosing. I absolutely LOVE this furniture. It's bright and colorful. But, recently, Jason's brother, Derrick bought a home down the street from us, and, much like us, he also had only a bedroom furniture set. So, when Derrick bought his house, we felt that it was only fair that we help him out since Jason and Derrick's parents were so willing to help us out.

So, we set out to get new furniture. As you all know, our dogs, Bruiser and Bella, are shedders, so we decided to go with leather, which seems to not show dirt and hair nearly as much as our bright, cloth-covered furniture. After getting the furniture in the house, we decided to lay hardwoods down. Jason did such a good job on the floors! I'm forever amazed at his ability to pick up a project and run with it. He is such a hard worker, and I am so blessed to have such an amazing husband!








No comments:

Post a Comment